Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Michael Moore Challenges Fred Thompson to a Debate

Michael Moore has invited Fred Thompson to debate healthcare in America. He goes on to accuse Thompson of being hypocritical in that he speaks out against Moore's travel to embargoed Cuba to help 9/11 workers get healthcare that was not available in the US while Thompson has stacks of embargoed Cuban cigars in his office.

You can read about it here.

Some questions:

-What are your views on Fred Thompson, Star of Law & Order TV Series now in its 18th season and a possible presidential candidate?
-What are your views on Michael Moore, avid film maker that has produced such documentaries as Bowling for Columbine, Farenheit 9/11, and Sicko, amongst others?
-Who do you think would win the debate if it did take place?
-Do you think that Michael Moore's points are valid? Do you think they would be more effective if he presented them in a different way?
-What are your thoughts on the embargo of Cuban goods?

2 comments:

The Zoner said...

I'm a huge fan of Michael Moore's movies. I thought he was a jerk until I saw a film by him. Now I have seen almost all of his films.

His viewpoint and documentaries are important, I think.

j razz said...

I find myself not liking what he stands for politically, but I too have seen a couple of his documentaries and really liked one in particular: the Flint Michigan one on the auto makers. I saw it when I was up at Trueman State in MO. I thought he made a good argument.

j razz