Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Challies on "The Dawkins Delusion?"

I have Challies in my blog tracker of choice: Google Reader. He posts several times a day and his content has just that, content. A few weeks ago he posted his book review on "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins. He has since read a counter point book put out by the McGraths. The God Delusion is set up in such a way as to shoot a hole through the heart of religion while The Dawkins Delusion? is set up in such a way as to show why The God Delusion bullet misfired.

Challies goes through and gives a brief synopsis and a breakdown of the subjects addressed. He also gives a few quotes from the book such as this:

I was delighted to see an endorsement for this book coming from none other than Michael Ruse, a prominent atheist in his own right. He writes this: “The God Delusion makes me embarrassed to be an atheist, and the McGraths show why.” I suspect this book will do the same for many atheists. I think McGrath wins this battle.

You can read more here.

Some questions:
-Have you read either book? What are your thoughts?
-Did either book sway your thinking?
-What did you disagree with if you have read them?

No comments: