Friday, March 7, 2008

Sign Of Encroaching Secularism

Ms Bruni recently declared monogamy "terribly boring" and spoke in relaxed fashion about her numerous past conquests, including Mick Jagger and Eric Clapton.

"I am a tamer [of men], a cat, an Italian", she told Le Figaro last year.


"I am faithful... to myself. I am monogamous from time to time but I prefer polygamy and polyandry [its female equivalent]."

At the same time, she reinforced old stereotypes that link status and virility, by reportedly declaring: "I want a man with nuclear power."

You can read more here.

Some questions:
-What do you think about the statistics given in the article? Do they suprise you?
-If not a lack of fear of God, what would you contribute the rising numbers to?
-How long before you think that mentality will be the norm for our country?
-What do you think the effects of such "living" are on society as a whole?

No comments: