Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Dark Knight impressions

If you've seen The Dark Knight, here's your spot to carry on about it. A groundrule - no spoilers. Anyhow, here's what I liked and disliked:

Pros

  • Heath Ledger - hands down the best on-screen villian I've ever seen in a comicbook movie.
  • Maggie Gyllenhal takes over as Rachel Dawes. Much, much better than watching Joey Potter try to play a grown woman.
  • The story. With Chris Nolan at the helm, this is expected.
Dislikes
  • I don't really have any...
Thoughts?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better than Nicholson?

j razz said...

I thought he was better than Nicholson. I found the movie to be great and the plot surely thickened the further you went along in the movie. I was a bit dissappointed with the unrealistic aspect of the
"unlikely villian". Everything else in the movie seemed very believable for the most part save for what I just mentioned above. I am looking forward to The Watchmen movie they previewed before the show. I read an interesting review on it over at Triskolos that you can read here.

j razz

misawa said...

Honestly, the performances are so different it's almost not even a fair comparison. Nicholson's Joker was funnier, but was also not nearly as serious - and psychotic - as Ledger.