Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Is Our Worth In What We Do?



I watched the video above and that is the question that came to mind. If this guy's career is over- what he trained and prepared his whole life for, what else does he have? Does he pity himself? Does he pick himself up by the bootstraps and embark on a new life; a new career?

I can't help but think that we place too much emphasis on what we do (and allow ourselves to think that is what defines us) instead of who we are (and who's we are).

1 comment:

Josh said...

That is a VERY good point. I heard about it today and get chills thinking about it. My opinion is that we should spend lest time thinking about him pitying himself and more time praying for him. I mean that was his entire life. Even if he completly recovers from this he more than likely won't compeat at that levle again.