Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bigfoot Claim A Hoax

I posted on this last week and thought I would share the widely under-publicized admittal of a hoax.

The body turned out to be rubber, and the two men who claimed they found it, Matthew Whitton and Rick Dyer, have admitted it was a costume, said a posting Tuesday on the Web sites of Searching for Bigfoot Inc. and Squatchdetective.

You can read more here.
You can read my initial post on it here.
The "confession" can be found here.

Some questions:
-Should there be any sort of retribution concerning this hoax?
-Were any lawas broken?
-What do you think their motive was?
-If you are one who believes bigfoot exists, does this change your view?

1 comment:

Susan said...

I prefer the term "Sasquatch" and no, this doesn't change my views. I'm a hardcore Sasquatch advocate...and one of my college roommates taught me how to do the official Sasquatch call. Probably these guys didn't know this important aspect of Sasquatch hunting... which is why they probably felt obligated to use a rubber suit knock-off so that they wouldn't be made fun of by their fellow Sasquatch hunting friends.