Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Health Officials Ready Themselves For H1N1 Vaccine Concerns

One million heart attacks, 700,000 strokes and 900,000 miscarriages -- U.S. public health officials want Americans to know these will happen every single year with or without a swine flu vaccine campaign.

Yet this year, they know a significant number will be blamed on the H1N1 vaccine, which will roll out within weeks, and they are struggling to be ready.


You can read the rest here.

Some questions:
-Will you be getting the vaccine?
-Is H1N1 any more of a threat than the "common" flu?

1 comment:

B Nettles said...

I got the seasonal flu shot yesterday. I didn't feel very energetic when I got up this morning, but I didn't the morning before either.

H1N1 is spreading much earlier than other flus. I don't think it's any more severe based on conversations I've had with medical professionals. It's just inconvenient. I've had several students out with it, but I haven't gotten it. I hide behind the desk.