Sunday, March 8, 2009

Earth Shattering Event Predicted By Pastor Wilkerson


A respected pastor, best-selling author and founder of a major ministry to teens predicts an imminent "an earth-shattering calamity" centered in New York City that will spread to major urban areas across the country and around the world – part of what he sees as a judgment from God.

David Wilkerson, author of "The Cross and the Switchblade," a book about his ministry to troubled New York street kids that was later made into a movie starring Pat Boone, tells readers of his blog this weekend that he is "compelled by the Holy Spirit to send out an urgent message" about his prediction.

"An earth-shattering calamity is about to happen," he writes. "It is going to be so frightening, we are all going to tremble – even the godliest among us."


What we are experiencing now is not a recession, not even a depression. We are under God’s wrath. In Psalm 11 it is written, "If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?"

"God is judging the raging sins of America and the nations," claims Wilkerson. "He is destroying the secular foundations." Wilkerson urges everyone to stockpile a 30-day supply of food and other necessities to deal with the catastrophe he foresees.

"I do not know when these things will come to pass, but I know it is not far off," Wilkerson concluded in his message. "I have unburdened my soul to you. Do with the message as you choose."

A past vice president of the Southern Baptist Convention is hoping believers pay attention to Wilkerson's message.

"I have known David Wilkerson for more than 25 years as well as many of his friends and associates," said Pastor Wiley Drake. "He is a godly man and I believe he is listening to God. I encourage each Christian to read and heed what God is saying through our brother."


You can read more here.
Read it first hand here.

Some questions:
-Does God still warn those who will listen?
-Does a God of love judge?
-What is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear of things like this? Coming from Wilkerson, does it make a difference?
-Will you stock up on food?
-If you believe the message Wilkerson prescribes to God, what will you do to repent?

1 comment:

B Nettles said...

When I look at the OT, I see a God who continually warns His chosen people about calamity and judgement, even claiming that He is the one who brings it to them. On the other hand, He does little (although some) to warn those who are not His people, He simply judges.

In regard to Wilkerson, I really like what he did with the NYC youth gangs. He has done some brave things. I dislike that he mis-uses Psalm 11. That lowers his credibility for me on this issue. His "destroyed foundations" line is from a quote made by a fearful person, and is not David's attitude. The Psalm starts with "In the Lord I take refuge; How can you say to my soul,'...if the foundations are destroyed.'" So, David is saying, "Don't talk to me like that. I trust in the Lord. He is still in control." Yes, the secular foundations may be destroyed, but were they worth keeping if the Lord is destroying them. My response to Wilkerson: read the rest of the Psalm.

We should always be watchful. The Bible is full of warning for those who are prosperous and "happy" while neglecting God.

Food: How much of it comes from New York City?

Repentence: I need to look every day at my life and compare to Ps. 15.

Judgement from God?: Possibly. See Ps. 11:6-7