Thursday, October 25, 2007

They Speak English In London?

When interviewing Channing Crowder of the Miami Dolphins, he stated that until this past Tuesday that people in London spoke English. He stated: I couldn’t find London on a map if they didn’t have the names of the countries,” Crowder said. “I swear to God. I don’t know what nothing is. I know Italy looks like a boot. I learned that.

To have a little more fun with the press he goes on to say, I know (Washington Redskins linebacker) London Fletcher. We did a football camp together. So I know him. That’s the closest thing I know to London. He’s black, so I’m sure he’s not from London. I’m sure that’s a coincidental name.

Channing Crowder was a University of Florida graduate and reportedly he was a National Honors Society member and held a grade point average of 3.5 and he graduated early.

You can read more here.

Some questions:
-Was he just joking?
-Do you find things like this funny, frustrating or wreckless?
-Because he graduated from Florida, does that influence your thoughts on whether he was just joking or being serious?
-If you are a Tennessee fan does that influence your thought on his statements?

No comments: